He was born on 22 November 1954 in Lublin. He studied at the State Higher School of Fine Arts in Wrocław at the Faculty of Painting, Graphic Arts and Sculpture. He received his diploma in painting in the studio of Prof. Zbigniew Karpiński in 1980. Since 2000 he has been an associate professor at the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University and, since then, the head of the Department of Painting and Drawing II at the Artistic Department of the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin. Since 1980 he has been a member of ZPAP. Since 2011 he has been a professor of fine arts. He is engaged in painting and drawing, as well as computer graphics and illustration. He took part in over 60 group exhibitions (Poland, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Hungary, the USA) and organized 29 individual exhibitions. He has won 14 awards and honourable mentions.